How to prepare your face for makeup?
It’s very essential to preparing your face for makeup before you actually apply makeup so that it goes on evenly and stays put. The better you prepare your skin before makeup, the better your look will be. Therefore, take proper steps to cleanse your skin, apply moisturizer and prime the skin before beginning any makeup procedure.
Here are 6 easy steps to prepare your face for makeup:
Step 1 – Cleanse
Start the process with cleansing your face. Wash your face with lukewarm water and then apply a soft and mild cleanser to help you even out your skin tone. This will further help make your skin smoother.
Guide to choose the right cleanser:
- If you have sensitive skin, keep away from cleansers including glycolic acid as it may cause redness and irritation.
- If your skin don’t have any serious issue, then a cleanser that matches your skin’s pH balance will be ideal.
- If you have acne-prone skin, use a cleanser that is slightly more acidic to help your skin fight bacteria.
Step 2 – Exfoliate away
You can skip this step if you are going for light makeup. Otherwise, it’s important step to exfoliate your face well if you are planning to go all out with your makeup.
Use a gentle daily exfoliator scrub with circular tiny granules. Avoid using rough and irregular ingredients as it may tear your skin and make it excessively dry.
After that, rinse your face well with lukewarm water so that your makeup does not thicken when applied.
Step 3 – Toner or Serum
This is the next step after exfoliation. It’s necessary to use a toner to remove any remaining impurities, seal your pores and to hydrate your skin. Toner works well with extremely oily skin, while use serum if you have dry skin.
Guide to choose serum:
Choose a serum that contains:
- Vitamin C that helps in smoothening the skin
- Sodium hyaluronate to seal the moisture level of your skin
- Herbs to hydrate the skin and minimize ageing
Step 4 – Eye Cream
It helps to moisturize and even out the skin tone around your eyes. The area around your eyes is fragile and thin so apply eye cream correctly to even out uneven skin tone.
Step 5 – Moisturiser
Don’t forget to use a moisturizer before you actually start applying makeup. Use a moisturizer that suits your skin-type, and offers an all-day hydration.
Guide to choose moisturizing cream:
- If you have acne-prone skin or uneven breakouts, look for an oil-free moisturizer that is non-comedogenic.
- If you have dry skin, look for a cream that is thicker to wear during day. A thicker cream will also prepare the base for a dewy “right-out-of-shower” look.
Step 6 – Primer
It’s the last step to go for before your makeup application. Primer acts as a protective barrier that prevents your moisturizer and skin oil balance from mixing with your makeup. It also sets the base for a flawless makeup application.
Now that when you are done with all the steps, you can begin to use foundation and the other products you have lined up on.
To learn more about makeup, you can join top makeup school of gurgaon which provides highly creative makeup courses to provide plenty of career opportunities to aspiring makeup artists across India. Their students are being trained by top makeup artist in gurgaon to find unique work opportunities in the areas of fashion, advertising, TV, Film, Magazine, Events and other related industries.